Under Indigenous Business Australia’s (IBA) Code of Conduct, Values and Behaviour Framework, employees must:
- Behave honestly and with integrity in the course of their employment in IBA.
- Act with care and diligence in the course of their employment.
- When acting in the course of their IBA employment, treat everyone with respect and courtesy, and without harassment.
- When acting in the course of IBA employment, comply with all applicable Australian laws.
- Comply with any lawful and reasonable direction given by someone within IBA who has authority to give the direction.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality of IBA information.
- Disclose, and take reasonable steps to avoid, any conflict of interest (real or apparent) in connection with their employment.
- Use IBA resources (including IT) in a proper manner.
- Not provide false or misleading information in response to a request for information that is made for official purposes in connection with the employee’s employment.
- Not make improper use of (a) inside information or (b) the employee’s duties, status, power or authority in order to gain, or seek to gain, a benefit or advantage for the employee or for any other person.
- At all times behave in a way that upholds IBA’s Values and the integrity and good reputation of IBA.
- Except in the course of his or her duties as an IBA employee or with the Chief Executive Officer’s express authority, not give or disclose, directly or indirectly, any information about business or anything of which the employee has official knowledge.
Professionalism – We act in a commercial manner, building and maintaining a reputation for excellence in both our dealings with our stakeholders and in our decision making process.
Outcomes focused – We are creative, flexible, and results driven. We have courage to attempt solutions in difficult business situations.
Collaborative – We build partnerships with our clients, business partners and our stakeholders. Internally we draw together our skills, knowledge and expertise to harness the breadth of capabilities of IBA.
Responsive – We meet the needs of our clients and stakeholders in a timely way. We take the time to listen to be sure we understand what needs to be done.
Proactive – We anticipate opportunities and plan ahead so we are ready for new challenges.
Realistic – We face challenges with practical and achievable solutions.
Respectful – We aim to understand the cultural and social context in which we work, we build trust and display integrity in our dealings.
Our Behaviour Framework
Staff behaviour is the foundation of IBA’s performance management system. Individual and team performance is assessed with reference to these behaviours.