IBA invites expressions of interest for co-investment in commercial opportunities.
Our vision is for a nation in which First Australians are economically independent and an integral part of the economy.
IBA invests for impact alongside Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in commercial ventures that provide financial returns and a lot more. Our portfolio comprises $430 million in investments across a range of sectors, alongside close to 40 Indigenous organisations from across Australia.
We are looking to grow our portfolio and impact through up to $50 million in new investments that have the potential to generate positive financial and social returns.
IBA is seeking to invest in opportunities that:
- involve equity ownership by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations or entities and/or the development of enterprises on Indigenous held land;
- are commercially viable, with the potential to generate strong financial returns;
- will support Indigenous employment, supply chain and other social outcomes;
- have an overall investment value of $4 million to $50 million, and require a contribution from IBA of at least 25% of capital required;
- ideally, encourage private sector co-investment.
IBA will undertake commercial due diligence on eligible opportunities to establish financial viability and an impact analysis to assess the potential for economic and social returns.
We will consider investment across sectors, but have a strong interest in investments in the tourism, healthcare, energy, civil/construction and affordable housing sectors.
Submissions close on 28 February 2018.
- Proposals must meet the criteria listed above.
- Download and complete the stage one expression of interest application.
- Submit the stage one expression of interest application and any supporting documents by email to [email protected].
- Deadline for submissions is 28 February 2018.
For more information
We invite you to find out more about:
Or contact us by email: [email protected].
Expressions of interest will be used to identify, assess and shortlist potential applicants that IBA may invest with. Applicants may be invited to submit further information or attend interviews. If IBA decides to invest in a proposed investment, legal documentation will be negotiated between the applicant and IBA. No binding obligations will exist between IBA and any applicant until a written agreement between the parties is executed. IBA is not bound to proceed with any investment proposal and it may decide any time not to proceed with any investment proposal. IBA welcomes discussions as part of applicants’ process in developing expressions of interest. Please feel free to contact any of the following IBA staff: Michael Nemarich, Senior Manager, Direct Investments on 02 6110 2786 or email. Mohammed Tilly, Manager, TASE on 07 3008 8338 or email. Jana King, Manager, Direct Investments on 02 9207 6369 or email. Beau Hodge, Senior Associate, TASE on 07 3008 8322 or email.