|Level||IBA Level 3 ($70,533 – $76,638)|
|Duration||Non-ongoing (9 months)|
|Contact||Jessica Tyler 02 6110 2684 or email|
|Closing date||12 December 2019|
|Applications||Please see “How to apply” below|
Indigenous Business Australia is a unique organisation that promotes and encourages self-management, self-sufficiency and economic independence for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Established under the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Act 2005, IBA’s programs provide the means for Indigenous Australians to create wealth and accumulate assets, take up investment opportunities, create business enterprises that provide additional employment opportunities, and to purchase homes.
It achieves these outcomes by applying a commercial focus, and by building mutually respectful and productive partnerships with Indigenous Australians, government, non-government and private sector organisations.
The Homes Program assists Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to participate in home ownership through its Indigenous Home Ownership program (IHOp). The program provides a range of housing loans and related assistance measures through IBA’s national network of Service Delivery Units.
The Quality Assurance Officer is a member of a small team, undertaking a range of Quality Assurance IHOp related duties.
The position reports to the Manager, Quality Assurance – Canberra.
- Extracting raw data from IBA core lending systems
- Undertake desktop reviews and utilise system reporting functions
- Assist with preparing concise and informative submissions/reports on Quality Assurance activities
- Assist in project management tasks
- Engaging with external service providers/stakeholders
- Preparing customer correspondence
- Responding to customer enquiries
- Other duties as required
Required capabilities (selection criteria)
Required capabilities are essential unless otherwise indicated.
Knowledge and Experience
- Some experience in customer service, including responding to queries and undertaking follow-up actions.
- Some experience in using a computerised system to record and track customer information.
Skills and Attributes
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good administrative skills including the ability to manage tasks to meet scheduled timeframes.
- Experienced in the use of standard computer applications, including standard Microsoft products.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member under limited supervision.
- Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in carrying out the duties of the position.
- Ability to apply sound judgment when undertaking Quality assurance and compliance reviews.
How to apply
Applicants must include the following with their application:
- Completed Job Application Coversheet (PDF 600KB opens in new window) – We recommend users edit the form using the latest version of Adobe Reader (available to download for free from the Adobe website).
- A copy of your Resume
- A statement outlining your claims against each of the required capabilities for the position.
Applications should be sent by email to [email protected]
- About Us – Our Values
- About Us – Working at IB
- About Us – News and Publications – Annual Reports
- Home Ownership