|Level||IBA level 5 ($85,089 – $94,338)|
|Location||Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne or Canberra|
|Duration||3 year term|
|Contact||Sonali Hedditch by phone 07 3008 8313 or email|
|Closing date||10 December 2017|
|Applications||How to apply for this role|
IBA is established under the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Act 2005 and is a dynamic organisation that promotes and encourages self-management, self-sufficiency and economic independence for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. IBA is a significant contributor to the goals of the Australian Government’s Indigenous Economic Development Strategy, aimed at closing the gap between the living standards of Indigenous and other Australians.
Through the Business Development and Assistance Program, administered by the Enterprises Branch, IBA helps Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to start, acquire and grow commercially viable businesses by providing pre-business guidance, business finance, business development and business support at all stages of the business life cycle.
The Special Projects team works to broaden the reach and scope of IBA support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander entrepreneurs and business owners. It does this by working with stakeholders and potential partners to develop and implement innovative programs and resources for customers. The Team also ensure that IBA Enterprises has the systems, the skills and the processes to be as effective and as efficient as possible.
The Business Process Improvement Specialist will be responsible for translating IBA’s business processes into an efficient and effective system, overseeing the introduction of new processes, and proactively improving IBA’s policies, procedures and processes for our Business Development and Assistance Program
The Business Process Improvement Specialist reports to the Manager, Special Projects and will:
- be responsible for the quality and effectiveness of IBA Enterprises policies, procedures and processes
- translate business processes into a system which ensures the efficient and effective delivery of transactional activity in a timely manner in accordance with stakeholder expectations
- oversee the introduction of any new processes or streamlining of existing processes, proactively driving continuous improvement in business processes for IBA Enterprises
- facilitate workshops and training of Enterprises staff and other stakeholders to design and deploy system improvements
- maintain a significant knowledge of best practice in business process improvement, and policy, procedure and process development
- build and maintain strong, beneficial internal/external networks and stakeholder relationships
- be a team player, proactively identifying other business needs and supporting the Special Projects and Enterprises team flexibly as required
- accurately capture, manage and report information, including to the IBA Executive, Board and other stakeholders as required
- proactively working to identify and meet other business needs, as required
- exercise delegations in accordance with IBA policy and procedure.
Required capabilities (selection criteria)
All criteria are essential unless otherwise indicated.
Skills and experience
- Business process improvement skills with Six Sigma experience, or qualification, education and experience in alternative business process systems.
- Project management experience, with an agile approach to project delivery and clear and concise project documentation.
- The ability to lead people in the facilitation of working sessions and achievement of outcomes through the effective execution of team responsibilities.
- A strategic mindset including the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Display Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural capability:
- awareness and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies and culture as well as the demonstrated ability to liaise, communicate and negotiate sensitively and effectively with Indigenous individuals and communities
- awareness and understanding of Australian Indigenous issues particularly as they relate to small business.
- Significant personal drive and integrity including:
- professionalism and probity
- engages with risk and shows personal courage
- commitment to action
- promoting and adopting a positive & balanced approach to work
- self-awareness and commitment to personal development.
- Significant ability to negotiate confidently and communicate with influence, clarity and with ability to understand and adapt to audience.
- Significantly results focused and effective as a team member under limited supervision and direction.
- Qualifications in business improvement and/or project management or related disciplines.
- Experience in change, risk, project and or program management/process improvement/quality assurance.