|Level||IBA Level 4/5 ($77,195 – $95,753)|
|Location||Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney|
|Program||Investment & Asset Management|
|Contact||Bill Fox on 02 9207 6395 or email|
|Closing date||24 April 2019|
|Applications||Please see “How to apply” below|
Indigenous Business Australia is a unique organisation that promotes and encourages self-management, self-sufficiency and economic independence for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Established under the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Act 2005, IBA’s programs provide the means for Indigenous Australians to create wealth and accumulate assets, take up investment opportunities, create business enterprises that provide additional employment opportunities, and to purchase homes.
It achieves these outcomes by applying a commercial focus, and by building mutually respectful and productive partnerships with Indigenous Australians, government, non-government and private sector organisations.
Investment & Asset Management
IBA’s Investment program aims to create economic independence for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples by using its capital base, skills and expertise, to build and manage a substantial portfolio of investments and generate economic impact for Indigenous Australians via financial returns, commercial capability development, employment, training and supply chain outcomes.
The program has a long history of over 20 years of successful investment alongside Indigenous organisations. The portfolio comprises over $480 million in investments across Australia in a variety of sectors, including tourism, property, funds management, energy, primary industries, industrial and retail businesses.
IBA Asset Management Pty Ltd (“IBAAM”) has been established to manage the Indigenous Real Estate Investment Trust and Indigenous Prosperity Funds (collectively “the Funds”).
The primary responsibility of this role is to support the Senior Manager, Fund Products and Fund Products team in the management of the Funds, in accordance with their purpose, obligations to investors, legal obligations and governing documents. The position Title and Level will be dependent on the qualifications, skills and experience of the candidate appointed
- Financial analysis and reporting, including of investment/fund performance for internal IBA and external investor purposes.
- Budget and cashflow projection preparation and reporting.
- Support the management, ongoing development and documentation of internal IBAAM processes to ensure proper management of the Funds and train staff where necessary.
- Prepare reports on the products and related matters including papers for the IBA Board and its Finance, Investment & Products Committee.
- Support the governance and reporting structure of the Funds, including preparing reports for the IBAAM Board, I-REIT Investment Committee and internal IBA senior management.
- Support fund raising programs for the Funds, including assisting with:
- co-ordination of the product, portfolio management, investor relations and legal/governance teams;
- preparation of required fund-raising documentation and processes.
- Assist with ongoing monitoring and development of IBAAM’s compliance framework to ensure all regulatory requirements are met.
- Assist with the preparation of communication material such as public material on investments and regulatory documentation.
- Through research and evaluation of market/industry trends and legislative driven changes, help to identify new product or development initiatives and assist with their implementation.
- Other duties as directed from time to time.
Required capabilities (selection criteria)
These are essential unless otherwise indicated.
Knowledge and experience
- Formal study in the area of understanding financial decision making, and the structure and operation of institutions and markets or in accounting, financial management, banking or business analytics.
- Some experience in the financial services industry particularly the management of investment products or knowledge of the funds management industry and investment products, whilst not a prerequisite would be well regarded.
- Awareness of the economic development aspirations of, and commitment to working ethically with and in the interests of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Skills and attributes
- Strong understanding of numerical and statistical data.
- Strong financial modelling skills, advanced Microsoft Excel use.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including the ability to convey complex financial and technical material clearly and simply.
- Ability to manage own workload to deliver results within deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop relationships at all levels and provide high quality customer service.
- Cultural capability including a respect for diversity and ability to communicate sensitively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
- A graduate in finance/commerce or similar.
- Depending on the skills and experience of the appointed candidate, a willingness to undertake further professional development will be required.
How to apply
Applicants must include the following with their application:
- Completed Job Application Coversheet (PDF 600KB opens in new window) – We recommend users edit the form using the latest version of Adobe Reader (available to download for free from the Adobe website).
- A copy of your Resume
- A statement outlining your claims against each of the required capabilities for the position.
Applications should be sent by email to [email protected]