|Level||IBA Level 6 ($110,737 – $122,940)|
|Section||Business Development Team|
|Contact||Pipeline Talent 02 8001 6603 or email|
|Closing date||28 January 2020|
|Applications||Please see “How to apply” below|
IBA is established under the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Act 2005 and is a dynamic organisation that promotes and encourages self-management, self-sufficiency and economic independence for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. IBA is a significant contributor to the goals of the Australian Government’s Indigenous Economic Development Strategy, aimed at closing the gap between the living standards of Indigenous and other Australians.
Through the Business Development and Assistance Program, administered by the Business Solutions Program, IBA helps Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to start, acquire and grow commercially viable businesses by providing pre and post business guidance, business finance, business development and business support at all stages of the business life cycle.
The Business Development team supports aspiring entrepreneurs, start-ups and established businesses to develop their capabilities and take full advantage of their opportunities. The team also assists Indigenous entrepreneurs and businesses to develop financial proposals, risk management plans and finance applications.
The Team Leader of Business Development reports to the Senior Manager, Relationship Management and provides leadership to staff located within their designated area of responsibility. They are responsible along with Snr Manager for the development of regional operating plans/strategies and managing resources required to meet these strategic objectives. They are also expected to work with a significant degree of independence and under limited supervision and direction.
- Develop regional strategies outlining; key areas of focus for Business Solutions products and services, identifying sector stakeholders and resources and managing promotion and marketing,
- Support the Senior Manager and the Executive in delivering IBA’s services and provide local leadership and management to all Business Solutions staff within an operational environment,
- Provide expert advice, guidance, coaching, and skills and capabilities development to team members,
- Ensure the team has sufficient resources, tools and support to achieve required outcomes,
- Monitor the performance of the team against agreed targets and within IBA’s agreed quality tolerance,
- Accurately capture, manage and report information,
- Manage all stakeholder relationships, and
- Exercise delegations in accordance with IBA policy & procedures.
Required capabilities (selection criteria)
These are essential unless otherwise indicated.
- Displays Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural capability.
- Awareness and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies and culture as well as the demonstrated ability to liaise, communicate and negotiate sensitively and effectively with Indigenous individuals and communities.
- Awareness and understanding of Australian Indigenous issues particularly as they relate to small business.
- Well-developed ability to negotiate confidently and to communicate at a leadership and formal level with persuasion, influence, clarity and with the ability to understand and adapt to an audience.
- Well-developed customer focus displaying a commitment to quality customer service and to the customer being at the centre of everything they do.
- Well-developed business acumen and expert knowledge and understanding of small business development and management principles and commercial lending.
- Well-developed leadership capabilities in developing a result focused and effective team.
- Well-developed personal drive and integrity including:
- professionalism and probity
- engaging with risk and showing personal courage
- commitment to action
- promoting and adopting a positive and balanced approach to work
- self-awareness and commitment to personal development.
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft suite of products – primarily Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Willingness and ability to undertake regional and remote travel as required, including overnight absences at least once each month.
*This position is being advertised under provisions of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 that enable affirmative measures to identify particular opportunities as open only to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants.
How to apply
All applications must be made in writing and include the following:
- Current CV
- Cover letter outlining why you have applied for the position
- Your claims against the Selection Criteria – up to 2 pages
Applications which do not clearly address the Selection Criteria will not be accepted.
Applications are to be emailed to [email protected] with the heading “IBA – Team Leader Business Development” in the subject line.
Applications must be received by 5pm Tuesday 28 January 2020.
Unfortunately, late submissions will not be accepted.
- About Us – Our Values
- About Us – Working at IBA
- About Us – News and Publications – Annual Reports