|Level||IBA level 5 ($88,092-$97,668)|
|Section||Credit and Settlements|
|Contact||Junee Dawe – email|
|Closing date||23 June 2019|
|Applications||How to apply for this role|
Indigenous Business Australia is a unique organisation that promotes and encourages self-management, self-sufficiency and economic independence for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Established under the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Act 2005, IBA’s programs provide the means for Indigenous Australians to create wealth and accumulate assets, take up investment opportunities, create business enterprises that provide additional employment opportunities, and to purchase homes.
It achieves these outcomes by applying a commercial focus, and by building mutually respectful and productive partnerships with Indigenous Australians, government, non-government and private sector organisations.
Through the Business Development and Assistance Program, administered by the Business Solutions Branch, IBA helps Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to start, acquire and grow commercially viable businesses by providing pre-business guidance, business finance, business development and business support at all stages of the business life cycle.
The Senior Credit and Securities Officer reports to the Team Leader, Credit and will:
- Receive, and make decisions on simple and complex applications for commercial finance
- Provide credit assessment advice and expertise to the broader Business Solutions Team
- Ensure an efficient and effective security and settlement service to support IBA Business Solutions and its clients.
- Make decisions on loan applications
- Manage and undertake preparation of loan and security documentation, manage security dealings including discharges, coordination of loan drawdowns and variations
- Monitor and assist in assessing customers’ existing and ongoing business performance and requirements
- Provide information, advice and support to IBA staff, clients and other interested parties in relation to loan policy, guidelines, loan securities, settlement policy and procedures
- Maintain a broad and sound knowledge of industry/market trends
- Accurately capture, manage and report information
- Exercise delegations in accordance with IBA policy & procedure.
Required capabilities (selection criteria)
These are essential unless otherwise indicated.
Displays Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural capability
- Awareness and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies and culture as well as the demonstrated ability to liaise, communicate and negotiate sensitively and effectively with Indigenous individuals and communities.
- Awareness and understanding of Australian Indigenous issues particularly as they relate to small business.
Sound understanding of credit risks, mitigants and cash flow drivers
Significant personal drive and integrity including:
- Professionalism and probity
- Engaging with risk and showing personal courage
- Commitment to action
- Promoting and adopting a positive & balanced approach to work
- Self-awareness and commitment to personal development.
Significant ability to negotiate confidently and communicate with influence, clarity and with ability to understand and adapt to audience.
Significant level of customer focus displaying a commitment to quality customer service and to the customer being at the centre of everything.
Significant business acumen and extensive knowledge & understanding of business concepts/operations/management, small business development, financial analysis and commercial credit assessment.
Understanding of loan and security documentation.
Significantly results focused and effective as a team member under limited supervision and direction, and work under instruction when required.
Proficiency in Microsoft suite of products – primarily Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Qualifications in accounting, business finance, commerce or related disciplines are desirable
- Willingness and ability to undertake regional and remote travel, including overnight absences as required.