IBA provides workplace training for a small number of Indigenous school leavers seeking a Certificate II–IV in business or business related studies such as accounting, office administration, legal studies and management.
Are you eligible?
Advertised positions are open to applicants:
- of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
- who are under 25 years of age
- who have completed their year 10 certificate (year 12 preferred), and
- who are Australian residents.
Who is IBA?
IBA is a progressive, commercially focused organisation that promotes and encourages economic independence for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
IBA employs more than 200 people from diverse cultural backgrounds and demographics. All positions require a strong customer service focus and compliance with IBA’s Code of Conduct, Values and Behaviour Framework.
IBA supports the employment, retention and advancement of Indigenous Australians in its work force. At present, approximately one quarter of IBA’s employees are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders.
What are some of the benefits of a traineeship with IBA?
Traineeships are individually tailored and provide opportunities for meaningful work that will make a genuine contribution to IBA’s objectives.
Trainees will be provided with:
- a flexible and supportive work environment within one of IBA’s offices.
- a designated trainer to guide learning and assess progress.
- opportunities for working directly with Indigenous clients.
- a competitive edge to their career development.
Trainees may be recruited through:
- an Indigenous employment agency
- from a group training provider, or
- direct application to IBA.
The training program is developed between IBA and an appropriate training provider to achieve accredited Certificates II, III or IV.
How are available positions notified?
All traineeship opportunities will be advertised on the Current Vacancies page of IBA’s website. You can also Subscribe to our Job Alert service to receive an email when new positions are advertised on our website. (You can unsubscribe from the service at any time).